|Return to the Rooms! Support Page|
Installing Impulse Response Files
We have prepared some impulse response sets that you can download directly from within the Rooms! app. In Rooms!, go to the Parameters tab, select Convolution, and in the menu at the bottom left select Download IR set and proceed. You need network access for this.
Furthermore, there is a menu entry for downloading zip files, but we may decide to remove this in the future as it seems not to be of much use anymore.
Other than that, impulse response files can be installed either as
impulse response sets delivered as a zip files with
zip, or as single audio
files (which are placed in an impulse response set
named User). Either way, the process is comprised of two
- Transferring the audio files or zip files from the 'outside world' to the (local or iCloud Drive) documents directory of Rooms!, the contents of which you see in the Files view of Rooms!.
- Copying the audio files or unpacking the zip files to the impulse response library. After this you will find the copied / extracted files in the Convolution tab of the Parameters view of Rooms!. The contents of the impulse response library is not only accessible by the Rooms! app, but as well by the Rooms! AUv3 extension.
1. Transferring Files to the Documents Directory
There are various ways to do this:
- iTunes File Sharing. This is the classical way, so to speak. You connect your iPad / iPhone / iPod touch to your Mac or PC and use iTunes to drag and drop files to the app's documents directory.
- Document Interaction. Rooms! registers as a handler app for audio files and for zip files. From any app that offers Open In... sharing functionality you can hand over audio files and zip files to Rooms!. For example, Safari and Mail can be used for this purpose.
- iOS 9,10,11 iCloud Drive app, iOS 12+ Files App and macOS 10.10+ Finder. Starting with version 6.4, Rooms! supports document browsing. The iCloud Drive app and the Files app can directly access the (local and iCloud) documents folders of Rooms!, while the macOS Finder has access to its iCloud documents folder.
2. Copying IRs to the Impulse Response Library
Go to the Files view of Rooms!. If you want to copy a single audio file to the impulse response library, then long-tap the file name and select Copy to impulse responses. You can also bulk-copy short files (action menu in the bottom left of the view). For copying the contents of a zip file, scroll to the table section Impulse Response Archives, long-tap an irset or zip file and select Unpack to impulse responses.